Last Updated on January 30, 2023
If you are looking for the largest above ground pools, then this article is perfect for you. This guide will focus on some of the largest Intex pools as well as hard-sided swimming pools.
It’s almost summertime and that means it is time to start thinking about your backyard swimming pool!
Let’s get started with our list of the largest above ground pools!
5 Largest Above Ground Pools For 2023
The size of your pool will depend on the space you have available and how it’s going to be used. Make sure that measurements for both length, width, as well as depth are taken before buying so there aren’t any surprises later!
Once you have figured out what large above ground pool to buy and where it should be placed, it is time to go shopping! And don’t forget to pair it with the best above ground pool slides!
There are a ton of websites that sell the largest swimming pools as well as other helpful accessories. Here are our top recommendations for those looking for the largest above ground pools.
Intex – 24 Foot Ultra XTR Frame Pool Set
- EXPERIENCE THE ULTRA DIFFERENCE – Uniquely designed frame combines high quality galvanized steel with precision engineered locking system, enhancing the overall quality, durability and stability of...
- EASY TO ASSEMBLE – Ready for water in just 60 minutes; Ultra XTR pools are designed with an Easy Lock System, making it easy to assemble; frame components simply snap together with no locking pins...
- RUST RESISTANT – Encapsulated with inner and outer powder coating ensures the ultimate resistance to rust; the T-Joints are engineered for high strength and infused with UV inhibitor to ensure...
- SUPER-TOUGH – Made with puncture-resistant 3-Ply PVC material, this pool is built to resist the wear and tear of summer fun; in case of any damage, a patch is included for easy fixes
The first type of pool I want to mention is the Intex Ultra Frame Pool. This bad boy is a whopping 24 feet in diameter and gives you 52 inches of depth, making it one of the largest above ground pools on the market.
Ready for some serious summer fun? With the Intex 24 Foot Ultra XTR Frame Pool Set, you can enjoy hours of relaxation and entertainment in your very own backyard. This high-quality pool set is made with galvanized steel and comes equipped with a precision-engineered locking system that makes assembly a breeze – simply snap the frame components together and you’re ready to go!
The integrated Hydro Aeration Technology ensures improved circulation and filtration, while the 110-120V sand filter pump provides crystal clear water all season long. So dive into some fun this summer with the Intex 24 Foot Ultra XTR Frame Pool Set!
Intex 32ft X 16ft X 52in Ultra Frame Rectangular Pool Set
- Engineered for strength, the ultra frame pool is supported by strong, durable Steel frames which are powder coated for rust resistance and beauty
- With a contemporary appearance and increased strength the Intex ultra frame pool is the standard for luxury in the market
- Connect the Krystal clear sand filter pump to enjoy clear, sparkling water. Ready for water in 90 minutes
- New dual suction outlet fittings improve water circulation resulting in better water hygiene and clarity. The newly designed ladder also provides greater support and stability
If a round pool isn’t your thing, don’t worry – Intex has you covered with their 32ft X 16ft X 52in Ultra Frame Rectangular Pool Set. This pool is perfect for those who want plenty of swimming space and comes complete with a sand filter pump to keep the water clean and safe for the whole family to use.
Looking for the perfect pool set? Look no further than the Intex ultra frame rectangular pool set! This top-of-the-line product is engineered for strength and durability, with a powder-coated steel frame that’s resistant to rust. It’s also easy to assemble, with a 90-minute setup time that leaves you plenty of time to enjoy the water.
Leslie’s Edge 30′ x 52″ Round Above Ground Pool
Our next largest above ground pool comes from Leslie’s Pools, a well-known name in the largest swimming pools business. The 30′ x 52″ Round Above Ground Pool is another great option for those who want to enjoy hours of summer fun! This large round pool has an easy set up and maintenance process – perfect for any backyard.
The Edge Above Ground Pool is as beautiful and classy as it is perfect in every way. From its eye-catching design to the premium features throughout, this above ground swimming pool will work hard for your family with a strong performance from its super tough resin design.
Leslie’s Edge 21’x43′ x 52″ Oval Above Ground Pool
If an oval pool is more your style, Leslie’s has you covered with their 21’x43′ x 52″ Oval Above Ground Pool. This pool is perfect for those who want a little bit of extra space in their large swimming pool and comes with everything you will need to set up your new pool.
The Leslie’s Edge 21’x43′ x 52″ Oval Above Ground Pool Package is perfect for homeowners looking for a luxurious swimming experience. This all resin pool is designed to be easy to maintain and comes with an A-Frame Ladder, Pump and Filter Combo, Pool Liner, Thru-Wall Skimmer, Coving Kit, and Premium Liner Pad. With its beautiful design and premium features, this big swimming pool is sure to provide you and your family with hours of fun and relaxation.
Leslie’s Excursion 15’x26′ x 54″ Oval Above Ground Pool
If you’re searching for a large swimming pool with more depth, Leslie’s has the Excursion 15’x26′ x 54″ Oval Above Ground Pool. This pool is perfect for those who want a quick and easy setup as well as low maintenance costs. The best thing about this pool is it is one of the deepest above ground pools available today.
Looking for a swimming pool that won’t take up too much of your backyard? The Leslie’s Excursion 15’x26′ x 54″ Oval Above Ground Pool is perfect! This lower profile pool is easy to install and comes with an A-Frame Ladder, Pump and Filter Combo, Pool Liner, Thru-Wall Skimmer, Coving Kit, and Premium Liner Pad. Made with premium materials, this pool is rustproofed and built to last. So dive into summer fun today with the Leslie’s Excursion 15’x26′ x 54″ Oval Above Ground Pool!
How To Choose A Large Above Ground Pool For Your Backyard
There are a ton of pool options out there and these pools vary in size, shape, material, etc. Most people want to choose the largest above ground pool they can fit into their backyard – but how big is too big?
First things first: be sure that you have enough room for your largest above ground pool!
Keep in mind that owning an above ground pool comes with responsibilities, and the most significant responsibility is keeping your pool clean.
You should be able to get a general idea of the largest above ground pool you can fit in your backyard by measuring your yard.
Remember that the largest above ground pools can be set up permanently or temporarily based on the pool design and build you are choosing.
Second, it is important that you take into account any structures or other items within your yard – such as patio furniture or trees/shrubs which may interfere with the largest above ground pool installation process. After all, this isn’t just about finding out how big a swimming pool can go but also where and what type of swimming pool will work best for you!
Now that we have determined that there’s enough room in our yards to accommodate an outdoor oasis complete with the largest above ground pool, we need to figure out what style works best for us. While some people prefer simple rectangular shapes, others want something different or unique.
Some large above ground pools come in odd shapes or levels, which may be a pro for some and a con for others. Taking into consideration what you want out of your largest swimming pool is very important!
If you want to install a large swimming pool, we recommend getting advice from someone who has experience setting up these pools in order to make sure that everything goes smoothly. You do not want your huge investment ending up with cracks and leaks!
How To Install A Large Above Ground Pool
If you’re looking to install a large above ground pool in your backyard, we have the perfect guide for you! In this section, we will walk you through the process of installing an above ground swimming pool and provide tips on how to make the installation as easy and stress-free as possible.
- Choose the right location for your pool. You’ll want to make sure that you have plenty of space in your backyard and that the ground is level.
- Measure the area where you will be installing the pool and mark off its boundaries with stakes or spray paint. You need adequate space for your above ground pool. Have at least 2 to 3 feet of space between your pool edges and any structure that is already in your backyard like fences or retaining walls.
- Dig a hole that is at least twice the size of your pool. You’ll want to make sure that the ground below the hole is solid and free of rocks or roots.
- Since you are installing an above ground pool, you can use the deck’s joists as a guide to mark where your holes should be dug. Make sure that your holes are deep enough so that your pool’s base sits firmly against the ground.
- After you have dug a hole, stake off its perimeter with wooden stakes or spray paint to make sure it is the correct size and shape for your above ground swimming pool. You can use this time to double-check that you have ample space around your future swimming pool.
- Set up your above ground pool in your designated pool area. There is no need to fill it with water at this point.
- Make sure that your pool is secured and it is level. Ready all your pool accessories and equipment and put them in their respective places.
- Fill your large above ground pool with water. Do not exceed the recommended water capacity or water level that should be indicated by the manufacturer on the instruction manual or on the box of your above ground pool.
- Once water is filled, run your pool equipment including the pump/s and filter system.
- Add the necessary pool chemicals to ensure that your swimming pool is safe to swim on.
If you’re not confident about doing this on your own, you can hire a pool professional or a pool installation company to assist you in setting up your large above ground pool.
Frequently Asked Questions About The Biggest Above Ground Pools
What’s the biggest above ground pool you can get?
The biggest above ground pool that you can get is the 21’X43’X52″ Edge Premium from Leslie’s Pools as it can accommodate up to 3,070 gallons of water. A close second is the Leslie’s Edge 30′ x 52″ Round Above Ground Pool that can be filled with about 3,060 gallons of water.
What’s the largest Intex pool you can buy?
The largest Intex pool comes from the Ultra XTR Frame sets, and based on the amount of gallons it can contain the title goes to the Intex – 24 Foot Ultra XTR Frame Pool Set.
What is the deepest above ground pool available?
The deepest above ground pool that you can buy today will have a depth of 54 inches or 4.5 feet. The Leslie’s Excursion 15’x26′ x 54″ Oval Above Ground Pool is the deepest above ground pool you can get.
The leading above ground pool manufacturers usually have pools with 52 inches in depth. You can check out the Intex 32ft X 16ft X 52in Ultra Frame Rectangular Pool Set or Leslie’s Edge 30′ x 52″ Round Above Ground Pool if you’d like to add a deep above ground pool in your backyard.
Should I hire a pool professional for installing a large above ground pool?
It is not a bad idea to hire an experienced pool professional for installing your above ground swimming pool, especially if you are planning to install one that has more than 3000 gallons of water in it.
If you don’t have any experience with setting up large pools and would like some help from the pros, contacting a local pool installer is a way to go.