Last Updated on October 20, 2021
The Intex Ultra XTR Frame Pool Set is one of the top choices for families looking to buy a high-quality above the ground pool, but does this Intex pool set deserve all the hype and attention its been getting?
Let’s find out now with our Intex Ultra XTR Frame Pool Review.
- What is the Ultra XTR Frame Pool Set?
- What is the Ultra Frame Made of?
- Intex Pool Sets – At A Glance
- Intex Ultra Frame Pool Review
- Intex Ultra Frame Rectangular Pool Set Review
- What comes with the Ultra Frame Pool?
- Is the Intex Ultra Frame Pool Set worth the price?
- Best Alternative For Intex Ultra Frame Pool
- Final Thoughts For This Intex Ultra Frame Pool Review
- Frequently Asked Questions About Above Ground Pools
What is the Ultra XTR Frame Pool Set?
According to Intex, the Ultra Frame Pool Set is the top-of-the-line above ground pool that combines high-quality design with style. It’s been dubbed by some as the premier pool of all the Intex above ground pool sets.
The Intex Ultra Frame Pool Set, or most commonly referred to as the Intex Ultra XTR Frame Pool Set, has a beautiful blue tile print on the inside and has an elegant graphite exterior.
What is the Ultra Frame Made of?
The pool set is supported by composite T-joints precisely engineered for metal frame protection and strength. The pool liner is a combination of high strength Polyester mesh and extra-thick PVC. This combination helped increase the pool’s resistance to tear and puncture.
The Intex Ultra XTR Frame Pool Set also comes with Easy Lock System so you can easily assemble the pool by yourself or with the help of your family and friends.
Are Intex Pools any good overall?
Intex Pools are one of the best-selling and most-recognized swimming pool manufacturers worldwide. This already says a lot about the products that Intex makes for its customers.
Intex is best known for their above ground pool products. They also manufacture air beds, air furniture, floats, and toys.
The most affordable pool set they have are the kiddie pools and easy set pools which are perfect for children below five years old. They’re perfect for families who don’t have enough backyard space to fit larger pools but need one for their kids to use during the summer.
They also have above ground pools perfect for families with an adequate sized backyard, it’s called the metal frame pool set. It’s a very durable pool set and very easy to set up. The pool can be filled with water in approximately 60 minutes, and at least 4 adults can fit inside with ample space between them.
For those looking for a much larger pool with a bigger space to swim on, then the Ultra Frame pools may be what you are looking for.
They’re the perfect swimming pool for large families since this pool set has large dimensions and good depth in them.
These pool sets are built to last long and are considered the best above ground pool available in the market today.
Intex Pool Sets – At A Glance
Ultra XTR Frame
Laminated PVC Liner
Laminated PVC Liner and Steel Frame
3 Ply Liner and Powder Coated Steel Frame
3 Ply Liner and inner and OUter Coated Galvanized Steel
Round, Oval, Rectangular
6 ft-18 ft
10 ft-18 ft
10 ft-20 ft
18 ft-32 ft
90 Day Limited
90 Day Limited
90 Day Limited
2 Year Limited
How long will the Ultra Frame Pool last?
Above ground pools can last for a very long time if maintained properly, and most above ground pool owners report that they have a pool that lasts for more than a decade before they bought a new one.
The most vulnerable part of an above ground pool is the pool liner, that is why it’s very important to set up your above ground pool in a well-leveled and hard-surfaced area of your home to avoid punctures and tears. Also, it is advised that above ground pool owners replace their pool liners every 8-10 years.
However, some pool owners are lucky enough to enjoy their above ground pool for years without having to replace their pool liner.
To make sure that your pool liner lasts longer than it’s lifespan you should put something under it to protect it from the ground itself.
If you need help in finding the best material to put under your Intex Pool, you can check out our article here.
The second most vulnerable part of most above ground pools is the steel frames since these are always exposed to high humidity. The rails are a key part of the structural design of the pool, so owners should be very careful in handling them.
One of the best news for above ground pool enthusiasts is that Intex has developed steel frames that can withstand rust and corrosion.
Let’s take a look at the Intex Ultra Frame Pool Set now.
Intex Ultra Frame Pool Review
The Intex Ultra Frame Pool Set was created by Intex to give families the maximum pool experience as if they’re using an inground pool.
If you’re looking for a swimming pool set to swim laps on, then this could work.
With its large size and good depth, the Intex Ultra Frame Pool Set is the best-selling above the ground pool for American families looking for an affordable yet high-quality pool for their backyard.
- 26329EH 18´ x 52" Ultra XTR Frame Pool
- Comes equipped exclusively with Intex Krystal Clear sand filter pumps with Hydro Aeration Technology - providing the best filtration performance and unmatched water clarity
- Maintenance is incredibly easy since sand only needs routine backwashing and replacement every 5 years
- Uniquely designed frame combines high quality galvanized steel with precision engineered locking system, enhancing the overall quality, durability and stability of the pools
Intex Ultra Frame Pool Set Main Features
- Intex Ultra Frame Set uses an innovative steel frame design
- Steel frames have powerful protection against rust combining strong galvanized steel with advance outer and inner powder coating
- A very tough 3-ply liner that has a high resistance to tear and puncture
- Ready for water in approximately 45 minutes to 1 hour depending on the pool size that you’ll be getting
- Intex Ultra Frame Set includes all of the components you’ll be needing to utilize the pool — ladder, cover, and Krystal Clear Filtration and Sanitation System
- Comes in different shapes and sizes
- Has a 2-year warranty on pool liner, frame, and filter pump
Intex Ultra Frame Pool Review: Pros and Cons
|High-quality materials||High purchase cost|
|Easy to assemble||Needs to be placed in a hard and level surface|
|Large enough to be used by a handful of people|
|Great filtration and sanitation system|
Ultra Frame XTR – Rectangular Pool vs. Round Pool
Some of the Intex pools are only manufactured in the round shape. However, the Ultra XTR Frame pools come in both round and rectangular.
The most common pool shape for above ground pools is the round or circle shaped. Since the Ultra Frame pool is still a newer model, it’s now more common to see rectangular shaped above ground pools.
Rectangular above ground pools are adored by those families who wanted an in-ground pool but decided to opt with an above ground pool. Since a rectangle is the most common shape of in-ground pools.
Meanwhile, other families opt for a circular or round pool design. Round pools are said to have a much softer and creative look than rectangular ones.
But which of these pool shapes should you get for your Intex Ultra Frame Pool Set?
A rectangular pool set is great for those who want to swim laps in their pool as opposed to circular pools which will require you to swim around the pool or in circles.
For maintenance, the edge goes to round pools since there are no corners in them. These pools are easier to clean than rectangular ones because water circulation is much better.
Cost wise, circular pools tend to be cheaper than rectangular ones as they require fewer materials to construct.
For those looking forward to playing a basketball game or volleyball game in their swimming pool, then your best option will be getting a large rectangular pool to have more space between opposing teams.
To conclude, choosing between a rectangular pool and a circular pool will highly depend on your pool budget and the things you plan to do in your pool.
Both, the Intex Ultra Frame Pool rectangular pool set and the Intex Ultra Frame Pool round pool set, are high-quality products, so you can never go wrong with either one.
Intex Ultra Frame Rectangular Pool Set Review
The rectangular Intex Ultra XTR Frame Pool Set has almost the same features as the round one. It also has high-quality frames and a durable pool liner.
The smallest Intex Ultra Frame Set that has a rectangular design has measurements of 18 feet by 9 feet and a depth of 52 inches while the largest for this design and build has measurements of 32 feet by 16 feet and a depth of 52 inches.
- RELAXING ABOVE GROUND SWIMMING POOL: Swim your summer days away in the Intex Ultra Frame Rectangular Above Ground Outdoor Swimming Pool designed with a gray outer liner and blue tile-print inner liner...
- MINIMAL AMOUNT OF MAINTENANCE: Easy maintenance with sand that only needs routine backwashing and replacing every 5 years; Quick set up means it's ready for water in 60 minutes; Laminated PVC siding...
- HYDRO AERATION TECHNOLOGY: Hydro aeration technology in the pump improves circulation, filtration, and water clarity while increasing the water's negative ions
- INCLUDES: Includes sand filter pump that has a pump flow rate of 1,600 gallons per hour. Also includes pool, pool ladder, ground cloth, sand filter, and pool cover
What comes with the Ultra Frame Pool?
All rectangular Intex Ultra XTR Frame Sets include a ladder, pool cover. And a Krystal Clear Filtration and Sanitation system.
For the largest rectangular Intex Ultra XTR Frame Set owners, they get to enjoy additional freebies such as the Deluxe Pool Maintenance Kit and Volleyball Set.
|Pros of Rectangular Intex Ultra Frame Pool||Cons of Rectangular Intex Ultra Frame Pool|
|Durable and elegant design||Harder to maintain than a round pool|
|Large swimming area to do laps||More expensive than a round pool|
|Easier to play ball games|
Is the Intex Ultra Frame Pool Set worth the price?
If you have the budget to purchase an Intex Ultra Frame Pool Set and a great place to set it up, then we think it’s well worth the price paid.
Your family will enjoy hours, days, and weeks of enjoyment, fun and games, and quality family time in this pool.
You could never go wrong with this top-of-the-line Intex above ground pool since this is the best above ground pool you can get in the market today.
You have different Intex Ultra Frame Pool Sets to choose from. The only difference between these pools is their sizes and shapes. Other than those you’ll just have to choose which one will fit your price range.
With high-quality materials and easy to assemble parts, you and your family will be having a great time using this pool set for years to come.
Best Alternative For Intex Ultra Frame Pool
If you’re still not satisfied with what the Intex Ultra Frame Pool Set has to offer, then we might have found the best alternative pool set for you.
The Bestway Power Steel Sim Vista Series and Comfort Jet Series are the best alternatives for those looking for another above ground pool that has the same features as the Intex Ultra Frame Set.
Bestway and Intex are the two most-recognized names when it comes to above ground pools. Since Intex has the Ultra Frame Pool Set for its line of oversized swimming pools, Bestway developed the Powersteel Pool Sets to challenge Intex.
- SUMMER FUN: Kids and adults of all ages can enjoy swimming and splashing in Bestway Power Steel rectangular above ground pool. It's the Smart choice for families because of a durable steel tube frame...
- FRAME DESIGN: The 18' x 9' x 48" pool frames is applied with a rust and corrosion-resistant coating to protect the pool from UV and abrasion damage. The connectors are designed to prevent rust and...
- RESISTANT TO BENDING OR LEAKING: The Seal & Lock system is a patented frame design that s each joint connection is secure and won't bend or leak from the water pressure. A pin-clip design is another...
- NO MORE CHEMICAL FLOATERS ChemConnect chemical dispenser replaces the need for a traditional floating chemical cleaner giving you more room to swim and have fun! It simply attaches to a valve on the...
Unfortunately for Bestway, Intex still holds the distinction for having developed the biggest above ground pool set.
However, Bestway was able to add some features to their Powersteel pool sets that Intex pools don’t have.
The Bestway Power Steel Pool Sets are equipped with rust and corrosion-resistant steel frame, 3-ply PVC wall support band, and easy to assemble materials.
The Swim Vista Series has built-in windows, so you or your kids can see the outside even if you’re swimming in the pool.
- Package includes the Bestway Power Steel Swim Vista 18 x 9 x 4 Foot Pool Set with the Bestway Above Ground Pool Skimmer
- Easy-to-assemble oval-shaped swimming pool adds a fun attraction to your backyard
- Side walls and the wall band are built of Tritech material to resist wear and stand up to all weather conditions
- Tritech material encases a layer of high-quality polyester mesh between two layers of strong PVC
Meanwhile, the Comfort Jet Series has built-in nozzles that spray concentrated water jetstreams for a relaxing massage.
Final Thoughts For This Intex Ultra Frame Pool Review
Hopefully, our Intex Ultra Frame Set Pool Review was able to help you decide whether it is right for you and your family.
As we said before, the Intex Ultra Frame Set Pool is the largest and the premier pool set being offered by Intex today. If you clean and maintain this pool set properly, you can be sure that you and your family will be enjoying using this pool for years to come.
- POOL: The Ultra Frame design provides excellent durability and a sleek gray finish, all while making setup quick and easy.
- INCLUDES: This pool includes everything you need for a great pool experience, including the powerful Krystal Clear 110-120V 1,200 gallon per hour sand filter pump, ladder, debris cover, and ground...
- PUMP: Hydro aeration technology in the pump improves circulation, filtration, and water clarity while increasing the water's negative ions; Sand filter pump has a pump flow rate of 1,200 gallons per...
- SPECIFICATIONS: Dimensions (L x W x D): 18' x 9' x 52"; Water capacity: 4,545 gallons at 90%
You don’t have to worry about your money being spent on something that would not last as Intex Ultra Frame Pool Set is made with the best and highest quality materials.
As long as you’re able to find the right place to set it up, a hard and leveled area of your home, then you can be sure you’ll be using this swimming pool for a very long time.
Frequently Asked Questions About Above Ground Pools
Which is better in-ground pool or above ground pool?
If this is the first time for you and your family to own the pool, then maybe you’re wondering what’s the difference between getting an above ground pool instead of a pool in the ground.
To make it easy for you to decide we’ve created a table below in the main differences between an above ground pool and an in-ground pool.
|Aspects||Above ground pools||In-ground pools|
|Cost to purchase||$300 to $2000||$5000+, average is $30,000|
|Maintenance Cost||$100 to $500||$1500 or more|
|Repair Cost*||$1000 or more||$1000 or more|
|Size||Fixed, based on manufacture||Based on your lot area/preference|
|Depth||36 to 52 in.||Varies, can be >5ft|
|Style/Design||Rectangular or Circular||Varies, customizable|
|Terrain||Hard and Leveled||Can be sloped|
|Lifespan||10-15 years||15+ years|
|Other Features||In-pool lighting, automatic cleaners||Spas, waterfalls|
As you can see on the data presented, you could say that choosing between above ground pools and in-ground pools all boils down to how much you can spend or invest for your backyard pool.
In-ground pools are highly-customizable than above ground pools, but if you’re artistic enough you can still put up some design for your above ground pool to make them look better.
How do I maintain my above ground pool?
Gather the right tools for maintaining and cleaning your swimming pool
Start your pool maintenance by preparing all the necessary tools that you will be using like the pool vacuum cleaner, telescoping aluminum shaft, nylon-bristled pool brushes, and your test kit.
Clean your pool filter
You should clean your pool filter from time to time to make sure that the pool is circulating properly and debris is getting filtered by your system. Cleaning your pool filter is also known as backwashing your filter.
Whenever you see small debris circulating your pool that’s a good indication that you might need to clean your pool filter or change it altogether.
Vacuum your pool
Regularly vacuuming your pool helps to maintain cleanliness and avoid having to perform major cleanings in the future.
Clean the interior of your above ground pool
There are times when your above ground pool can have a build-up of copper, too much calcium, or even algae. All of those can cause staining to the walls and floors of your pool interior.
Cleaning your pool’s interior with nylon-bristled brushes and cleaning solutions helps prevent these from occurring in your pool.
Test your water
Your swimming pool water is greatly affected by weather, chemicals, and pool usage. Understanding how these factors change your pool water will help you maintain your pool properly.
Testing your water allows you to be certain that the chemicals you’re using on your pool are working which makes your pool safer to swim in.
Sanitize your pool
To sanitize your pool means you are eliminating bad bacteria and chloramines in your pool. Having a good and powerful filtration system helps you in this regard significantly.
Good thing that the Intex Ultra Frame Pool Set comes with a great Krystal Clear Filtration and Sanitation system.
Keep your water clear
Prevention is key to avoiding your water from becoming unclear. Make sure you always take out any debris you see in your pool.
- Requires an Intex filter pump with a minimum flow rate of 800 gph
- Vacuum sucks debris off the pool floor and through the filter
- Attaches to the outlet connector in the pool with a 24 feet 7 Inch hose
- Durable and deep mesh skimmer net
How do I maintain my pool during winter season?
If you live in a place where winter season is not that extreme, instead of packing up your Intex pool altogether, then you can decide to winterize your pool.
“Winterizing” your pool means you are preparing your pool for the winter.
You’ll be doing this so that you don’t have to disassemble your pool and reassemble it again after the winter season.
The first step in winterizing your pool is to remove every piece of equipment on your Intex pool. You should remove the hoses, filters, pumps, and of course, the ladder from your pool.
Next is to trash old filter cartridge, so that you can replace it with a new one once the winter season ends.
The third step is for you to clean the equipment you removed before storing them in a secured and dry location. You may have to hose off some of the equipment to thoroughly clean them. You should also submerge your hoses in soapy water to remove any chemical on them.
The next step to winterizing your Intex Ultra Frame pool set is to balance your pool water the way you’ve been balancing it before. Make sure that you test the water and that it’s balanced.
The most important step in preparing your pool for the winter is by adding winter chemical kit. These are chemicals you put in your pool when you won’t be using it for more than a month. You could get these at your local store or from Amazon.
Lastly, once you’re finished adding the chemicals, you should cover your pool to avoid any debris from falling into it. This also helps prevent the weather from affecting your pool’s chemistry and water balance.