Last Updated on August 23, 2020
So you’re trying to decide which brand you should go with for your inflatable hot tub and you’ve narrowed it down to getting an Intex hot tub or some other brand.
If you’re considering getting a hot tub made by Intex, then our Intex hot tub review and buying guide here can help choose the right inflatable hot tub for you.
Why Get An Intex Hot Tub?
Intex is a well-known brand for above ground pools, but they also manufacture some of the best inflatable hot tubs available in the market today.
Similar to their above ground pools, Intex hot tubs are known for their quality and how they let their customers enjoy a good spa in the convenience of their own home.
When you’re getting an Intex hot tub, you can be certain that you’re getting a product that only uses good and high-quality materials. And that it’ll be easy to set up as Intex pride itself in making products that do not require any special tools to assemble.
All Intex hot tubs are built to provide 68 degrees Fahrenheit to 104 degrees Fahrenheit of heat to its users. And they have sizes that can fit 4 to 6 persons.
You’re also assured that they’ll be there to assist you whenever you have experienced an issue or have a concern with your Intex hot tub since it comes with a 1-year limited manufacturer’s warranty.
Since we already established how good Intex products can be, let’s go ahead and start with our Intex hot tub reviews.
Intex Hot Tub Reviews and Buying Guide 2020
- TOTAL RELAXATION WITH 100 WATER JETS: Pampering yourself is easier than ever with 100 soothing high-powered jets that give you the ultimate spa experience in relaxing water up to 104 F (10 C).
- FAST SET UP: Ready for water in about 20-minutes and can be deflated for easy storage or transport.
- FITS UP TO 4 PEOPLE: Provides relaxation at the touch of a button for up to 4 people with the easy-to-use, tilt-adjustable control panel.
- EVERYTHING YOU NEED: Includes insulated cover, heater/filter/blower system, 2 filter cartridges, thermal ground cloth, inflation hose, carry bag, floating chlorine dispenser, and test strip.
Intex SimpleSpa is the most affordable among all Intex inflatable hot tubs. It’s very easy to set up and comes with a control unit with a built-in heater and inflation system.
The Intex SimpleSpa has a seating capacity of 4 people that could easily fit in its 77 inches (diameter) and 26 inches (height) frame. And it uses PVC and polyester mesh for better durability and strength on its interior, and a strong external mesh cover for extra protection.
It is equipped with 100 powerful bubble jets to provide you with a great and refreshing massage.
The Intex SimpleSpa set includes an insulated ground cloth and cover so you may use your Intex hot tub even during cold months, a chemical dispenser to keep your tub water clean and clear, and two replaceable filter cartridges for your filtration system.
What Customer Love
- The hot tub is very easy to assemble.
- It’s one of the most affordable inflatable hot tub today.
- Good quality materials used.
Main Customer Complaints
- Some customers report an E-90 error code that made it impossible for them to use the Intex hot tub’s control panel.
- It does not come with seats included so you have to buy them separately unless you want to seat on your tub’s floor indefinitely.
- TOTAL RELAXATION WITH 170 WATER JETS: Pampering up to 6 people is easier than ever with 170 soothing high-powered jets that give you the ultimate spa experience in relaxing water up to 104 F (40 C).
- WIRELESS CONTROLS: Wireless touch button control panel with up to 48 hours of wireless operation per full charge attaches to the top of the tub for a maximum convenience.
- HARD WATER TREATMENT BUILT-IN: Built-in hard water treatment system makes water gentler on your skin, clothes, and the entire spa system.
- EASY TO SET UP: Ready for water in about 20-minutes and can be deflated for easy storage or transport.
The Intex PureSpa typically comes with 120 heated bubble jets but for this Intex hot tub reviews of ours, we’re recommending getting the best version of their PureSpa which is the Intex PureSpa Greywood Deluxe.
The Intex PureSpa Greywood Deluxe has 170 soothing bubble jets and 2 premium headrests that comes with the set.
The set also includes an insulated cover, heating, filtration, and pump system, one multi-colored LED light, thermal ground cloth, inflation hose, carry bag, floating chlorine dispense, and test strip.
It comes with everything you’ll ever need for your inflatable hot tub, so you won’t have to purchase them separately.
Another great thing about the Intex PureSpa Greywood Deluxe is its size which can fit up to 6 persons.
Similar to the Intex SimpleSpa, it’s also made with high-quality materials to ensure longevity.
What Customer Love
- Great value for money.
- Easy to setup.
- The hot tub is sturdy enough to fit 6 adults.
Main Customer Complaints
- Some customers report receiving a defective controller.
- Some encounter an E-90 error code.
Intex PureSpa Plus
- RELAXATION: Pampering yourself is easy with the soothing high-powered jets that give you the ultimate spa experience
- FAST SET UP:Ready for water in about 20-minutes and can be deflated for easy storage or transport
- FITS UP TO 6 PEOPLE: Provides relaxation at the touch of a button for up to 6 people with the easy-to-use control panel
- HARD WATER TREATMENT: Built-in hard water treatment system makes water gentler on skin, clothes and the entire spa system
The Intex PureSpa Plus is almost similar to the Intex PureSpa since it has sizes that can fit 4 to 6 persons. And it also comes with the following items:
- Insulated Cover
- Heating/ Filtration / Air Blower / Hard Water System
- Color Changing LED Light
- Two Filter Cartridges
- Two Contoured Headrests
- Thermal Ground Cloth
- Inflation Hose
- Carry Bag
- Floating Chlorine Dispenser
- Test Strip
It has 170 bubble jets for a relaxing spa experience. And is made of puncture-resistant laminated PVC and 48 Fiber-Tech beams for better durability.
The easy-to-use control panel activates the 170 bubble jets surrounding the interior of your inflatable hot tub for a refreshing massage.
What Customer Love
- The hot tub is very comfortable to use.
- It was very easy to set up.
- It looks sturdy enough to last for years.
Main Customer Complaints
- Some customers report an E-90 error code similar to other Intex hot tubs.
Intex Hot Tub Accessories
If you’re going to get an Intex hot tub, we highly recommend getting some of these accessories as well for a better spa experience.
We suggest adding seats to your Intex hot tub to make you feel even more relaxed. It also helps avoid you squatting or sitting on the floor if you’re not that comfortable doing that.
You also have the option to get a bench if it can fit in your Intex hot tub.
- The PureSpa inflatable bench is the perfect place to lounge and relax when sitting by the spa
- Made with the same color scheme and a contoured shape to fit around the spa; Removable for convenience
- Attaches and locks into place; Made with laminated material; Dimensions: 76 and no.34;l X 27 and no.34; W x 13.5 and no.34;h
- For use with Intex PureSpa models 28403/28404
We also suggest using scumball to eliminate scum line from body oils, make-up, and lotions in your inflatable hot tub. This helps lessen the time you have to maintain or clean your hot tub, and reduces the workload of your filter system.
- Helps eliminate scum line from body oils, lotions and make-up in your pool or spa
- Increases time between cleanings
- Specialty patented foam absorbs 43 times its weight in oils / lotions
- Includes 2 Scum Balls per pack
Speaking of maintenance and cleaning, you may get the Intex PureSpa Hot Tub Maintenance Kit that you may use in any Intex hot tubs even on a SimpleSpa.
- Intex spa maintenance kit
- Perfect tool for all spas
- Includes curved brush for inner sidewall care
- Durable mesh skimmer net helps fish out leaves and other debris
If you’re looking for more fun and excitement on your hot tub, then you might consider getting a Bluetooth speaker for your hot tub.
- 【IPX7 Waterproof Floating &Rugged】① IPX7 highest rating wireless bluetooth speakers can immersion up to 3 feet for 30 minutes underwater. Good as Splashproof, Rainproof shower speaker, a...
- 【Astonishing Sound】 The bluetooth speakers portable wireless has excellent high-fidelity stereo sound with wide-ranging adjustable volume levels. Blufree Portable Wireless Bluetooth Speaker...
- 【Long Play Time with Color Changing Light】① Our Bluetooth speaker portable wireless has long battery playtime up to 8 hours after a full charge. This Bluetooth speaker waterproof is rechargeable...
- 【Hands Free Calling】①With built in microphone, you will not miss any important calls when taking shower, swimming in the pool(this is a pool floating speaker, it can floating on water); thus you...
Again, Intex inflatable hot tubs are a great way to enjoy a nice and warm spa experience at the convenience of your own home.
Another good thing about inflatable hot tubs is they’re portable and you can set them up anywhere whether it’s indoors or outdoors like in your deck or yard.
If you have any more questions about Intex hot tubs, you may refer to our Intex hot tubs’ FAQ section below.
Frequently Asked Question About Intex Hot Tubs
How long do Intex Hot Tubs last?
Intex hot tubs can last for several years.
If you take the time and effort to maintain your hot tub, then it can last longer than the average lifespan of inflatable hot tubs which is 2 or 3 years.
Are Intex Hot Tubs worth it?
If you’re looking for a more affordable way to enjoy a warm and relaxing spa, then getting an Intex hot tub is well worth it.
Having an Intex hot tub at home helps relieve stress and gives you a relaxing place to enjoy your free time. You may even invite your friends over as all Intex hot tubs can accommodate at least four people.
What’s the best Intex Hot Tub?
The best Intex hot tub for us will be the Intex PureSpa Greywood Deluxe. It’s very easy to set up and it has a great size to fit up to 6 people.
And we liked its stylish and modern exterior design. It can be set up in your deck, yard, or even indoors, and it will fit right in.
Photo from IntexCorp.com