Last Updated on
Warning: We do not recommend the picture above as a good way on how to store pool towels outside. That’s just to get your attention.
Not having your towels near the pool can be quite bothersome.
When you have a pool, guests or kids can just dive in and swim without securing a towel. Chances are, they would come in and out of the house without drying themselves up when they’re done.
Thus, leaving a trail of water wherever they go. Remember, water can mess up your floors and furniture faster than anything else (well, except for fire). Plus, a wet floor just means danger.
So what should you do?
Keep your pool towels out.
This way, anyone who uses the pool has easy access to them and they could quickly dry themselves up before coming inside.
Also, it’s just easier and more convenient to have them around the pool. They won’t mix with your other towels. Thus, no can “mistakenly” take and use your 100% fine indoor cotton towel.
If you are worried that storing towels outside may affect the overall look of your backyard, here are some of the best ways on how to store pool towels outside and still keep your pool patio neat and stylish.
Best 5 Ideas on How to Store Pool Towels Outside
1. Towel Cabinet
If you have a lot of room to spare, a cabinet will be a great addition to your poolside area. It can fill an empty-looking space. At the same time, it can provide you a nice place to store your towels. It has doors too, helping protect your towels from the elements.
- DECK STORAGE CABINET: Beautiful plastic outdoor cabinet box has a 97-gallon capacity for patio, deck, yard, porch, garage, and shed storage!
- DURABLE: Water-resistant poly resin construction resists fading and rust to keep your box looking new for years to come
- VERSATILE: For use indoors or outdoors to store pool toys, grill supplies, patio cushions, gardening tools, sports equipment, yard gloves, and more!
- ADJUSTABLE SHELF AND EASY MAINTENANCE: Includes an adjustable shelf for optimal housing of outdoor accessories. Rain water flows off of the box to keep your belongings dry and free from mildew and rust
- LARGE SIZED: Storage box measures 23" x 42" x 35" , the perfect size and fit for any living space
One good outdoor cabinet we found is the Suncast Wide Cabinet.
It is durable and made to resist water – which is a must if you’re going to put it around the pool. Also, since its water-resistant, you don’t have to put it to safety whenever it’s raining. It’ll let the water freely flow off it and protect your towels inside.
This cabinet also offers a huge space so you can put in other things inside like pool toys, paper towels, or outdoor utensils. It looks great too and it is made to fit in well with the outdoors.
2. Wall Mount Rack
One way to neatly store your towels is through a wall mount rack. You can mount it in a small corner in the poolside area and it’s ready to be used. Just roll your towels and stack them up. Not only is this an attractive backyard decor but it is also space-saving. However, you can’t keep the towels there for a long time since they’ll be exposed to dust, moisture, and rain.
If you are interested in storing your towels this way, you can use a regular metal wine rack. This modern wine bottle holder from mDesign is a great choice. It’s simple and it can hold 6 pool towels nicely and if you like to store more, you can always mount another one beside it.
On the other hand, you can also check out this wall mount metal towel rack by Soduku. It easily can hold 5 rolled towels and there’s a top shelf where you can put other things like tissue paper, small bath items, or more folded towels.
3. Storage Container
If you’re not interested in putting a cabinet outside your home, you can try storage boxes instead. It can store your towels safely and protect them from the elements. It’s similar to a cabinet but only less space-consuming.
- Beautiful rattan style outdoor box has a 120-gallon capacity for patio, deck, yard, porch, garage, and shed storage!
- There's even a place for a padlock to ensure peace of mind and maximum security. Protect your patio, deck and pool accessories from theft while at home or on vacation by adding your own lock
- Water-resistant poly resin construction resists fading & rust to keep your box looking new for years to come
- Made from durable, UV-protected resin, it keeps its good looks in spite of harsh weather, sun exposure and abuse from kids and animals
- Storage box dimension 47"(W) x 24"(L) x 24-1/2"(H), the perfect size for your outdoor space
You can try the easy choice which is plastic storage containers.
Or, you can go with a more decorative and classy option like the Barton Deluxe Storage Bin.
It looks a lot like a chest you put outdoors and even has a place for a padlock so you can keep your things secured. It offers a lot of space inside and it’s water-resistant as well. This is perfect for storing towels for a longer time.
4. Folding Towel Rack
- NEED MORE BATHROOM STORAGE? Not enough towel holders or hand towel holders in your bathroom? This attractive and portable bathroom stand will add both more towel storage and more towel drying immediately. No drilling or holes in the wall needed.
- NEED MORE STORAGE OUTSIDE THE BATHROOM? Family or Guests coming to stay? Use it to add instant storage in your guest bedroom or towel hanging space instantly. Will suit all bedroom decor and bathroom decors.
- WANT STORAGE THAT HAS MULTIPLE USES? Use it to hang towels beside a pool or hot tub or clothes on a small patio. Or, add the spa effect to your home space or bathtub.
- EASY TO PUT UP AND PULL DOWN Takes seconds to assemble or disassemble for storage. All one unit - no separate parts. No need for a degree in Engineering...Easy to carry it to where you need it to be. Why isn't additional bathroom storage always this easy?
- LIGHT-WEIGHT/DURABLE This towel hanger and bathroom organizer is made from high-quality steel rod and wire, but weighs approximately 2.2 pounds. Folds down to 1 inch thick, so easy to stow in cupboard or beside bathroom vanity, when you don't need it.
Don’t like assembling things or mounting them on your walls?
Here’s the perfect choice for you. With this folding towel rack, you can simply set it up around your pool and fold it back up when you’re done. There’s a shelf at the bottom where you can put your folded or rolled towels and there are spaces on top where you can hang them for drying.
5. Outdoor Seats with Storage
If you are into functionality and practicality, outdoor seats or benches with storage areas are the best options for you.
They are multipurpose items that can conveniently hold and store your towels for a long time.
On top of that, they are designed to withstand any weather conditions.
One great example of an outdoor seat with storage is the Suncast Small Deck Box. It’s lightweight, water-resistant, and keeps your belongings dry and free from mildew.
Furthermore, it won’t rust, fade, and it takes up very little space. It’s also sturdy enough for an adult to sit on it.
On the other hand, if you need more space to sit on or hold more of your belongings, the Keter Westwood Large Deck Storage is perfect for you.
It provides generous space for your towels and other pool necessities. Plus, it can accommodate a weight capacity of 660 lbs so you have more space for your guests.
Now there you have it!
These are the top 5 ways on how to store pool towels outside, where they should be – near the pool.
Just don’t forget to place a separate basket or storage area for used towels.
Did Not Find The Pool Towel Rack or Storage You’re Looking For? Check Some of These.
Photo by mikecogh