Last Updated on February 21, 2021
We see this question asked a lot by first-time pool owners, how long does it take to fill an Intex pool?
We know how excited you are with your new pool. And we’re glad you chose to get an Intex pool, one of the best above ground pool brands today.
To answer this question, we’ll have to get two important variables first.
This will be the size of your Intex pool in gallons and the flow rate of your garden hose in gallons per minute (GPM).
The typical garden hose flow rate is 9 to 17 gallons per minute. To start this discussion, we will use the average garden hose output which is 12 gallons per minute. We’re also using the median water pressure in most homes which is 40 PSI.
Now, you just need to find your pool’s volume in gallons.
For new Intex pool owners, this should not be difficult to find as it is indicated on the box of your Intex pool or its owner’s manual.
If you cannot find those, do not worry as we’ve compiled a list of answers to the question, how long does it take to fill an Intex pool, for each Intex pool set.
How Long Does It Take To Fill An Intex Kiddie Pool?
For the Intex Kiddie pools, let’s start with the Summer Sunset Glow that has a size of 58 inches in diameter by 13 inches in depth. It has a volume of 73 gallons if filled up to 9.5 inches of its height.
With a hose that has 12 gallons per minute, you can fill this pool in about 6 minutes.
For the Intex Swim Center Family Inflatable Pool that has a volume of 269 gallons if filled up to 13 inches of its height, it will take about 23 minutes for it to be filled and ready for use.
Lastly, the largest Intex Kiddie pool, the Deep Sea Blue Snap Set Kiddie Pool that has a 539 gallons capacity. Filling it with a hose that has a 12 GPM flow rate will take about 45 minutes before you can use the pool with your kids.
How Long Does It Take To Fill An Intex Easy Set?
- SUMMERTIME FUN: The Intex 15ft x 48in inflatable above ground pool set is engineered for strength and to help you beat the heat all summer long for ages 6 and up and fits 8 people.
- DURABLE BUILD: The pool is constructed with puncture-resistant 3-ply material.
- STAYS CLEAN: The pool comes with an Intex 1,000 GPH filter pump and type A or C Krystal Clear Cartridge Filter that is 100-120V to keep your water sparkling and clean. Equipped with the Ground Fault...
- EASY-SET-UP: Inflatable design allows for easy setup and is ready for water in as little as 15 minutes, no tools needed. The drain plug accepts a garden hose to drain water away from the pool area as...
The Intex Easy Set sizes range from 10 feet in diameter up to 18 feet in diameter, and it’s Intex’s most popular inflatable pool set.
For the smallest Intex Easy Set, that’s 10 feet in diameter and has a depth of 30 inches, it will take about 1.5 hours for it to be filled up to 80% of its capacity using a hose with a 12 GPM flow rate.
For the largest Intex Easy Set, which has a water volume capacity of 5,455 when 80% full, it will take approximately 7.5 hours to get filled using the same hose.
You might be asking the question, isn’t that too long for my Intex pool to get filled?
Yes. It is too long of a wait. However, this is assuming that your hose flow rate is only 12 GPM.
If you increase that to 22 GPM, it will take about 4 hours to fill your 18 feet Easy Set pool. That’s still not fast enough, right?
So let’s get you a hose with a better flow rate.
Getting yourself a 25-foot long hose with a diameter of 5/8 inches can get you a 44 GPM flow rate. Again, we’ve used the median PSI on most homes which is 40 PSI to calculate the flow rate.
With a 44 GPM flow rate, it will only take about two hours to fill your 5,455-gallon pool.
You can check the end of this guide to find out how you can fill your Intex pool faster.
How Long Does It Take To Fill An Intex Metal Frame Pool?
For Intex Metal Frame pools, their volumes range from 1,185 gallons (10 ft. by 30 in.) up to 6,423 gallons (18 ft. by 48 in.).
With a 44 gallons per minute flow rate, it will take about 27 minutes to 146 minutes to fill your Intex Metal Frame pool depending on its size.
How Long Does It Take To Fill An Intex Prism Frame Pool?
- SUMMERTIME FUN: The Intex 12ft x 30in metal frame above ground pool set is engineered for strength and to help you beat the heat all summer long for ages 6 and up and fits up to 6 people
- DURABLE BUILD: The sturdy metal frame is powder-coated for rust resistance and has super tough puncture-resistant 3-ply sidewalls that are reinforced with an all-around band to keep frame legs firmly...
- EASY-SET-UP: An affordable and easy-to-set-up is ready for water in 30 minutes. The drain plug accepts a garden hose to drain water away from the pool area as desired.
- PRODUCT INFO: The Intex pool comes with the pool and instructional DVD. The capacity of the pool is 1,718 gallons and the water depth is 24-inches; Dimensions (L x W): 12 Ft x 30 In; Disclaimer:...
To fill an Intex Prism frame pool with water using a hose with a 44 GPM flow rate, it will approximately take anywhere between 27 minutes to 3 hours depending on the size of your round-shaped Prism Frame pool.
For rectangular-shaped Prism frame pools, it might take more or less an hour to be filled with water.
For oval-shaped Prism frame pools, the time it will take to fill them with water can range between 80 minutes up to 110 minutes, or almost 2 hours, depending on its size.
How Long Does It Take To Fill An Ultra XTR Frame Set?
The Intex Ultra XTR Frame Set pools are some of the largest above ground pools today.
The smallest Intex Ultra XTR Frame Pool, that’s 16 feet in diameter and 48 inches in height, can accommodate up to 5,061 gallons when 90 full will take about 2 hours to be filled by a hose with 44 GPM flow rate.
Meanwhile, the largest Intex pool today that is 32 feet long, 16 feet wide, 52 inches tall and has a volume of 14,364 gallons when 90% full will take about 5.5 hours to be filled using a single hose with a flow rate of 44 GPM.
How To Fill Intex Pool Faster
As mentioned earlier at the start of this guide, two variables affect how long it takes for you to fill your Intex pool with water. First is the size of your pool which is already set and we cannot change that. Second is the flow rate of your hose that we can improve.
The best way to fill your Intex pool faster is to get a garden hose that can give you a higher flow rate.
We recommend getting a shorter hose if possible to fill your pool in a shorter amount of time.
- Extremely flexible – Our distinctive ZillaGreen hoses are built from a flexible hybrid polymer material that allows for all-weather flexibility, even in subzero temperatures (-40° to 140°F),...
- Extremely durable – Purpose built to handle any industry and environment. Durable outer cover resists abrasion, UV and mold. Crush resistant anodized aircraft aluminum fittings means this hose is...
- Won't kink under pressure – Flexzilla Garden Hoses redeﬁne ﬂexibility, making it easy to maneuver around trees, bushes or other obstacles – They lay flat, have no memory, and coil easily
- Leak free connections and drinking water safe - A durable O-ring provides long lasting leak free connections and feature an inner tube material that is drinking water safe
You can get the Flexzilla Garden Hose that has the following length available: 3 ft, 5 ft, 10 ft, 25 ft, 50 ft, 75 ft, and 100 ft.
Or the ELEY 25 feet Garden Hose. It’s made of drinking water safe Polyurethane and is Kink resistant. This garden hose can hold a maximum pressure of 150 PSI.
- Drinking Water Safe Polyurethane Garden Hose 5/8" id
- Full Flow, Crush Proof, Lead-Free Brass Fittings
- Kink Resistant. Rated to 150 PSI and -40°F to 165°F
- Made in USA, Industry-Leading 10-Year Warranty
Again, to get more than 40 GPM flow rate, you can start by using a hose that’s 25 feet in length and has a diameter of 5/8 inches.
If you have an extra garden hose lying around and another source to get water for your pool, then you may consider using more than one hose to fill your Intex pool faster.
Recommended Intex Pool Accessories For Better Maintenance and Cleaning
No products found.
Photo by Editor B