Last Updated on October 19, 2021
If you own an above ground pool you bought from Amazon or a custom-built vinyl inground pool, you might be wondering, “what’s the best robotic pool cleaner for vinyl liner?“.
Don’t worry, you’re not the first person to ask that question. In fact, vinyl is the most common pool liner material used today.
Considering that, it should be easy to find the best pool cleaner for my vinyl pool, right?
Well, not quite but it can be since you have to consider that not all robotic pool cleaners are made to work for all pool surfaces. Vinyl liners can be prone to damage if you’ll be using a pool cleaner that’s made for concrete pools since there’s a good chance that those have rough or pointy edges on them.
You can even say that pools using vinyl liners can be delicate compared to other swimming pools, and choosing the right pool cleaner to use can have a great impact on your pool’s lifespan.
Robotic Pool Cleaner For Vinyl Pools Buying Guide
When it comes to choosing a pool cleaner for your vinyl liner, we recommend that you consider the following features so you can get the best robotic cleaner for your swimming pool.
Pool Type Compatibility
The first and most important feature you have to look into a robotic pool cleaner is if it’s made for vinyl liners. You can’t just use a robotic cleaner made for concrete surfaces unless the manufacturer clearly states that it can be used on vinyl pools.
The cleanliness of your swimming highly depends on your robotic pool cleaner’s suction power. You must pay attention to this feature and look for anything above 60 gallons per minute or 3,600 gallons per hour since that’s considered good.
As the number goes up, the more powerful and the better a cleaner gets. A lower GPH means you’re getting a less powerful machine that may not be capable of properly cleaning your vinyl pool.
Ease of Use
Robotic cleaners should not be that hard to set up and use. One of the main reasons why you’re getting this type of pool cleaner is you don’t have the time to clean your pool on your own. If you are going to spend much of your time setting up your pool cleaner, then you might be better off finding a better replacement for it.
You also have to consider the design of your robotic vacuum. Some pool cleaner models are bulky and heavy, similar to the usual household vacuums. You’ll be better off finding a lighter pool cleaner so you won’t have any trouble putting it in your pool and pulling the same machine out of your pool once it’s done cleaning it.
Now, we did our research and looked over dozens of available robotic pool cleaners today, and we’re able to come up with the best robotic pool cleaner for vinyl liners, and we’re recommending both versions of the Dolphin Nautilus CC robotic pool cleaner.
With over 35 years of experience in the pool cleaning industry, Maytronics, Dolphin’s manufacturer, provides pool owners with a great and hassle-free cleaning solution for their vinyl pools.
Best Robotic Pool Cleaner For Vinyl Liner On Above Ground Pools: Dolphin Nautilus CC
- Sit back and relax while the Dolphin Nautilus CC robotic vacuum cleans the pool for you. Ideal for small swimming pools, above or in-ground up to 33 feet. This easy to use, compact cleaner will have...
- Efficiency is key when it comes to pool cleaning. Unlike suction and pressure cleaners, Dolphins are 8 times more energy efficient and do not rely on your pool pump or filter to get the job done....
- Dolphin does all the hard work for you. Agile and efficient, the Nautilus CC was designed to clean your pool, effortlessly. With superior scrubbing and filtering capabilities, you can relax knowing...
- Clean your pool with the touch of a button. Schedule the Nautilus CC to automatically clean your swimming pool each week using 3 settings- every day, every other day, or every 3rd day
The Dolphin Nautilus CC can clean your vinyl pool while you do other tasks. This robotic pool cleaner works for both above ground pools, like those Intex pool sets you see at your local store or the ones from Bestway, and inground pools.
This pool cleaner is different from pressure and suction cleaners since it does not rely on your pool filter or pump to clean your pool. It’s also very energy-efficient and can definitely lower your energy costs when it comes to cleaning your vinyl pool with an estimated operating cost of just 5 cents per hour.
With its superior cleaning and filtering capabilities, you can be certain that your swimming pool walls and floor are properly cleaned every time you run this amazing machine. With its powerful brushes, you can bid farewell to all the dirt and debris stuck on your vinyl pool’s walls and flooring.
You can even schedule the times you want your pool to be cleaned, whether it’s every day, every other day, or every 3rd day. You can put your robotic cleaner in the pool and come back for it after 2 hours to find your pool good as new.
The Dolphin Nautilus CC is designed for all types of pools and sizes of up to 33 feet. It’s equipped with a rotating cable that prevents the robotic vacuum cleaner from knotting and tangling, so you won’t have to worry about encountering any delays in cleaning your vinyl pool because your vacuum’s cables got tangled in the process.
What we loved about this robotic pool cleaner for vinyl pools:
- Can clean pool walls and floor thoroughly
- Very easy to set up and use
- Fast cleaning cycle
What’s In The Box?
- Nautilus CC Robotic Pool Cleaner
- Power Supply Unit
- Fine Filter Basket
- Registration Card
- User Manual
- Quick Start Guide
Best Robotic Pool Cleaner For Vinyl Liner On Inground Pools: Dolphin Nautilus CC Plus
- Hello, free time! Let the Dolphin Nautilus CC Plus robotic vacuum cleaner take over your pool cleaning duties for good. Easy to use and ideal for in-ground swimming pools up to 50 feet, this cleaner...
- The clean you need without the hassle. The Nautilus CC Plus was designed to clean your pool, effortlessly. With dual scrubbing brushes and superior filtering capabilities, you can relax knowing your...
- Ditch the pumps and hose. Unlike the energy hogs that are pressure and suction cleaners, Dolphins are independent cleaning machines and do not rely on any additional equipment to get the job done....
- Clean your pool with the touch of a button. Schedule the Nautilus CC Plus to clean your swimming pool each week using 3 settings- every day, every other day, or every 3rd day. Pool cleaning has never...
The Dolphin Nautilus CC Plus is not that different from the regular version of the Dolphin Nautilus CC pool cleaner, but instead of just cleaning a 33-foot pool, you can use this robotic pool cleaner for pools up to 50 feet.
Another great thing about this machine is that it has dual scrubbing brushes that can effectively clean your vinyl pool’s walls and floor within about 2 hours.
You also don’t have to use your garden hose or any special equipment to run this pool cleaner. With just a touch of a button, you can proceed in cleaning your swimming pool while you do other important tasks.
The Nautilus CC Plus is also equipped with superior filtering capabilities and it can trap and lock-in all sorts of debris and dirt to leave your pool exceptionally clean.
In addition to this, this robotic pool cleaner for vinyl pools operates very quietly and is well-liked by its customers all over the world.
What we loved about this robotic pool cleaner for vinyl pools:
- Does a great job cleaning the interior of any type of pool
- Exceptional floor coverage
- Cleans the pool fast