Last Updated on August 23, 2020
The sun is finally out, the weather is nice, and your pool seems extra tempting today with its clean, cold, and calm water.
You have the whole day to yourself and it just seems like the best time to start tanning. But without a pool float, this can be a hard task.
See, one of the best ways to catch some serious sun is through lying on a pool float.
This is because water reflects sunlight and it bounces that sunlight to you. Thus, having a great pool float is not only relaxing but it can also help you get a tan faster.
- Our Top Picks At A Glance
- How To Choose The Best Pool Floats For Tanning
- Top 5 Best Pool Floats for Tanning
- Best Overall Pool Float For Tanning: Swimline Beer Mug Pool Float
- 2nd Best Overall Pool Float For Tanning: Intex 18-Pocket Suntanner Lounge
- Most Durable Pool Float For Tanning: Swimline Swimming Pool SunTan Island Lounger
- Best Pool Float For Sensitive Skin: Airhead Sun Comfort Suede Pool Lounge
- Best Value Pool Float For Tanning: Swimline Margarita Mat Pool Float
- Best Pool Floats For Tanning – Final Thoughts
Now, there are many floaties out there but not all of them can help you with your tanning goals.
That’s why we are here to help you. We have made a list of the best pool floats for tanning to help you achieve that perfect, deep tan you have always wanted.
Our Top Picks At A Glance
How To Choose The Best Pool Floats For Tanning
In choosing which are the best pool floats for tanning, we used the following factors:
- Comfort: The first factor to consider is comfort and whether or not you can stay on it for a long time.
- Space: While pool chair loungers may seem like an obvious choice, it may not be the best for tanning. This is because they can’t let you lie flat on your back or your stomach to get an equal tan.
- Price: We also considered the price and its durability. We made sure to only include products that are both affordable and can last for a long time.
- Extra Features: Of course, anything else that can make a float better is an added point. For example, a pillow or a place to put down a drink.
Now that you know what influenced our product choices, let’s discuss each one below.
Top 5 Best Pool Floats for Tanning
Best Overall Pool Float For Tanning: Swimline Beer Mug Pool Float
- Beer mug style raft has super unique design that's sure to turn heads
- 1-Person raft is great for the pool, lake, or ocean
- Great for adults
- Inflatable Lounger raft is made from durable 12-gauge PVC material
|Comfort||Made with heavy 12 gauge PVC material that doesn’t get too hot under direct sunlight. It can keep you comfortable for hours.|
|Space||Measures 6 feet tall and is very spacious for 1 adult.|
|Price||Affordable and sturdy.|
|Extra Features||Includes an ice chest and a cupholder.|
The Swimline Beer Mug Pool Float is our easy best overall float for tanning because you can lie on it comfortably, even when you’re over 6 feet tall.
It is also big and strong enough to hold up to 265 pounds. Additionally, even when you move or decide to lie on your stomach, it won’t bend or tip over.
But what we love most about this float is the cupholder and ice chest included. Wouldn’t be much of a beer float if it can’t hold beer, right?
While we don’t necessarily believe the ice chest can indeed store ice, it’s still a great place to put in your extra cans or bottles. If drinking beer while tanning isn’t your jam, you can always use it for other beverages to keep you hydrated under the sun.
You can also use the cup holder to store your sunscreen or tanning lotion.
If you’re looking for a functional and fun item, this is certainly a great deal.
2nd Best Overall Pool Float For Tanning: Intex 18-Pocket Suntanner Lounge
- 74" X 28"
- Clear top, reflective silver bottom
- 2 air chambers
- Coil-beam construction
|Space||It can fit individuals who are 6 feet tall but not recommended for larger people.|
|Price||Very affordable and does not cost more than $25.|
|Extra Features||Includes inflatable pillow.|
The Intex 18-Pocket Suntanner Lounge is a great product for its price. It’s comfortable, durable, and designed especially for tanning.
You can relax and lie on it for hours and it has a clear top with a reflective silver bottom that claims to provide you an equal tan (which we don’t necessarily believe works. But still, it’s a great design).
Also, this product has an I-beam pillow that you can inflate when you’re lying down and deflate when you need to lie on your stomach.
However, this floaty has a rather limited width, measuring only more than 2 feet.
Most Durable Pool Float For Tanning: Swimline Swimming Pool SunTan Island Lounger
- Bright heavy-duty 72-inch pool lounger designed for ultimate relaxation and fun in the sun at the pool or lake
- Features a 72-inch diameter making this a roomy option for floating on the water
- Large enough for up to 2 adult riders to comfortably lounge
- Bright, reflective design inspires all-day Smiles and fun
|Space||Extremely spacious. It can hold up to 2 adults.|
|Price||Great price for its quality.|
|Extra Features||Great price for its quality|
This is the most expensive product in our list, but don’t worry. It’s still below $40. For its price and durability, that’s not bad at all.
If you’re looking for a floaty that can fit you and your partner or friend, the Swimline Swimming Pool SunTan Lounger is a great choice. It measures 6 feet across so it’s super huge.
It may even be able to fit more than 2 people.
Best Pool Float For Sensitive Skin: Airhead Sun Comfort Suede Pool Lounge
- The cool suede material has a velvety suede-like feel to it, never sticky
- A molded rope holder is handy for tethering to Docks, buoys or boats when using in lakes
- The patented speed safety valve allows quick and easy inflating and deflating with no parts to lose
- This oversized lounge is great for pools, lakes or ocean
|Comfort||Extremely comfortable due to its different texture.|
|Space||Measures 83 inches by 46 inches, giving you so much space to lie on.|
|Extra Features||Different material.|
The best thing about the Airhead Sun Comfort Pool Lounge is its texture.
It is made with cool suede materials so it won’t stick to your skin even when you are sweating heavily or wet from the pool. Moreover, this different material also feels good to touch.
It has that velvety suede type of feeling to it that will surely make you feel comfortable for hours.
Best Value Pool Float For Tanning: Swimline Margarita Mat Pool Float
- Take life with a grain of salt and a wedge of lime with this margarita pool float
- Comfy pool float with Lime wedge head rest
- Durable vinyl construction with rf-welded seams
- Easy to inflate
|Comfort||It provides decent comfort.|
|Space||Very wide and can accommodate a larger person.|
|Price||Very affordable and doesn’t cost more than $20.|
|Extra Features||Includes a drink holder|
Here’s another drink that’s joining the party. If you’re not into beer, the Margarita Mat Pool Float may pass your taste.
It is wider and offers more room for 1 person than regular floaties.
It’s also sturdy and it looks nice. There’s a place where you put in your beverage too. Moreover, it’s only under $20, which is great for its quality.
However, the pillow may be a little uncomfortable for some people. But you can always slide down and use the neck area instead.
Did you know that you can speed up the whole tanning process by using certain natural oils like green tea extract, hazelnut, sunflower, coconut, and avocado?
These oils can attract the sun and give you a stunning sunkissed glow.
- Made of pure 100% coconut oil
- 8 fl. oz. coconut-scented oil
- Softens and moisturizes dry skin
- Smoothes and condition dry and frizzy hair
One of the best we found is the Hawaiian Beachcomber Budd’s Pure Scented Coconut Oil.
It is made of 100% pure coconut oil and it promotes a deep, dark, and natural tan.
At the same time, it can keep your skin soft, moisturized, and healthy. Just apply this natural tan enhancer before going out in the sun and use it with sunscreen to avoid getting sunburned.
Best Pool Floats For Tanning – Final Thoughts
Choosing your pool float for tanning is not that difficult once you’ve determined the feature you need and how much you’re willing to spend for it.
There are several other options you can choose from, and if you did not find what you were looking there here are some alternatives.
Did Not Find The Pool Float You Were Looking For? Check Some of These.
Photo by Corsi Photo