Last Updated on January 15, 2021
If you’re searching for the best kiddie pool to keep your kids busy and entertained this summer, then you’ve come to the right place.
Let’s face it, summer is a time for fun and splashing in the pool, but it can be quite expensive to install a pool at your home. One super alternative is an inflatable kiddie pool to keep the kiddos active and busy all summer long.
However, many parents get frustrated when purchasing the traditional cheap kiddie pool, filling it with water, then watching it sit unused all summer because it is dirty, leaky, and forgotten about.
We came up with some great kiddie pool ideas so that you have a great experience this summer. You can put a kiddie pool in your yard, on your deck, or even in your driveway.
Here is everything you need to create a memorable and fun experience for your kids this summer!
OUR TOP PICK – Best Kiddie Pool
We Recommend the Homech Inflatable Kiddie Pool as our top pick for this pool season for the following reasons:
- Most durable kiddie pool we’ve reviewed
- Large size – easily fits 4 kids
- Made from BPA-free PVC
- Has 3 individual air chambers
Read on for more information, or click the link below to read more reviews on Amazon.
- Large & Spacious: 92” inflatable family lounge pools with 162 gal water capacity fits a family with 2 adults and 4 kids to enjoy a splashing pool party in summer
- Strong & Sturdy: Comes with 3 individual air chamber, the inflatable kiddie pools can withstand extra weight while preventing air leakage
- Durable & Wear-resistant: Made with 0. 4mm thickness PVC material, the inflatable swimming pool is twice thicker than most in the market; extra repair patch included in the package help prolong...
- Convenient & User-friendly: Inflate in 3-4 minute by electric pump (not included); 90° vertical drainpipe can facilitate the outflow of water
Jump Right In – Here Are Other Kiddie Pools We Recommend
- OUR TOP PICK – Best Kiddie Pool
- Jump Right In – Here Are Other Kiddie Pools We Recommend
- Best Value: Intex Swim Center Inflatable Family Lounge Pool
- Best Kiddie Pool For Babies and Infants: Babymoov Aquani Tent & Pool
- Best Kiddie Pool For Toddlers and Younger Kids – H2OGO! Splash-in-Shade Play Pool
- Biggest Kiddie Pool – For The Whole Family: Intex Easy Set
- Best Kiddie Pool with Slide – Banzai Sidewinder Falls Inflatable Water Slide
- Best Kiddie Pool For Adults – Shh…we won’t tell!
- Best Hard Plastic Kiddie Pool – Never Worry About Punctures
- Add Shade To Your Kiddie Pool and Keep The Kids Safe From The Sun
- Keeping Your Kiddie Pool Clean
- Best Kiddie Pool Accessories
- How To Choose The Right Kiddie Pool
- Frequently Asked Questions About Kiddie Pools
- Didn’t Find The Kiddie Pool You Were Looking For? Here Are Some Alternatives
Best Value: Intex Swim Center Inflatable Family Lounge Pool
- 120" x 72" x 22" large family pool
- 3 air chambers each with double intake and free flow exhaust valve
- 264 gallon capacity
- 15 gauge vinyl. This product does NOT come with a pump.
This Intex Pool is our best pick for those with small kids since it has everything you need for a kiddie pool. It has a place for parents to sit back and watch their kids enjoy some water fun activities. And of course, an adequate space for your children to swim and play around.
Some adults are even purchasing this pool just for themselves. This makes it one of the best selling kiddie pools of Intex.
What Customers Love
- The pool is very easy to inflate and deflate.
- It’s a great pool to chill with the kids.
- Good value for money.
Best Kiddie Pool For Babies and Infants: Babymoov Aquani Tent & Pool
- UPF 50+ PROTECTION: The dome material has an anti-UV rating of 50+ keeping your child's skin protected from 99% of harmful UV-A and UV-B rays. The tent fabric also helps to block wind and sand if you...
- COMFORTABLE MATTRESS AND 3 TOYS INCLUDED: A soft and comfy removable mattress ensures comfort during play and nap time. Your little one will love to explore the fun infant toys included.
- CONVERTS INTO A POOL: Thanks to its durable waterproof bottom fabric, the Aquani can be converted into a paddling pool that can hold up to 20 gallons of water.
- EASY TO USE POP-UP SYSTEM: Folds and unfolds in seconds. When unfolded, use its four pegs to secure the sun shelter to the ground or sand. When folded, use the carry bag included for easy storage and...
If you want to give your baby the best kiddie pool, then the Babymoov Aquani Tent and Pool will be the perfect gift.
It has a roof to protect your child from harmful UV rays. A zipped mesh netting that will protect your child from bugs. And of course, a durable waterproof bottom fabric that can hold 20 gallons of water.
When you’re not using it as a kiddie pool, you may also convert it to a comfortable mattress for your kid to use.
This product can be a play area, a bed, and a pool for your baby.
What Customers Love
- It’s very easy to setup.
- Comfortable for babies to use.
- The product is portable, so you can take it anywhere.
Best Kiddie Pool For Toddlers and Younger Kids – H2OGO! Splash-in-Shade Play Pool
- It features its own UV-resistant shade for protecting swimmers from the sun's rays.
- The Bestway swimming pool has a water sprayer on top of the shade to keep the pool cool.
- The pool has strong, rust-resistant, galvanized metal frames that hold up to windy days.
- It also has heavy-duty PVC and polyester 3-ply side walls for durability.
The H2OGO! Splash-in-Shade Play Pool is perfect for families with small kids. The pool does not need much space, so you can easily assemble it anywhere.
The depth of the kiddie pool is just right for small children, and the added shade helps protect your young swimmer from the sun’s UV rays.
The Splash-in-Shade Play Pool is made with durable materials to ensure that your kids will enjoy using this pool for years.
What Customers Love
- The pool is very easy to setup.
- It’s very easy to clean and maintain.
- Perfect size for toddlers & younger kids.
Biggest Kiddie Pool – For The Whole Family: Intex Easy Set
- A 110-120 volt filter pump is included and is very easy to install - just hook up the hoses and enjoy clean refreshing water.
- Ready for water in 10 minutes - simply spread out on level ground, inflate the top ring, fill the pool with water and enjoy the fun
- Includes: Super-Tough laminated PVC sidewalls. 110 - 120 Volt Filter Pump with 530 gallon per hour flow rate. Set-up and maintenance DVD
- Convenient drain plug that connects to a garden hose so water can be drained away from pool or house area. Water capacity: (80%) 1,485 gallons
OK, this is a stretch. The Intex Easy Set is more “real pool” than “kiddie pool”. However, we’ve seen many families using it as a kiddie pool since it is so affordable and easy to set up.
The Easy Set pool comes in many sizes, but we consider the smaller sizes (8-10ft) as the “kiddie sizes”.
If your kids are already more than 6 years of age and are looking for a bigger pool to swim on, then this will be the best pool to get them.
The pool comes with a pool cover and pool ladder and is made of a durable 3-ply liner that is puncture-resistant.
What Customers Love
- The pool can be assembled by just one person.
- A big but affordable pool.
- It’s very sturdy.
Best Kiddie Pool with Slide – Banzai Sidewinder Falls Inflatable Water Slide
- 15ft L x 16ft 10in W x 10ft 5in H inflatable water slide
- Combination of comfort and warmth
- 2 front pockets
- Adjustable Hood
The Banzai Sidewinder Falls Inflatable Water Slide will be a great addition in your backyard as your kids will love using it. It can be set up within three minutes with the included airflow blower. Your kids will be ecstatic to see this one at your place.
The product is also made to last long with its heavy-duty material, so your kids may use this one until they’ve exceeded the weight limits.
If you’re wondering what’s the weight limit for the slide, it’s 150 lbs.
What Customers Love
- The water slide is very easy to inflate and set up.
- It’s great for kids’ birthday parties.
- Great value for money.
Best Kiddie Pool For Adults – Shh…we won’t tell!
- Material Type: Plastic
- 90" X 86" X 31" H inflated; 13ga vinyl; Parents get comfy on the building bench while the little ones enjoy the water
- 2 air chambers each with combo; Capacity 12.5" wall height: 169gal
- Drain plug; Repair patch
OK adults, we know you want in on the fun too! Maybe you’re looking for a simple way to relax on your deck or patio after work with a favorite beverage in hand? Shh….we won’t tell!
You would be shocked at how many adults add a “kiddie” pool to their place for summer cooling off and relaxation.
If that is what you are planning, then this Intex pool is what you are looking for. It’s an inflatable swimming pool for adults!
We like this pool because it is made of 15 gauge vinyl which will hold up for multiple summers if cared for correctly. And the drain plug makes hiding it away when your mother comes over easy peasy!
Best Hard Plastic Kiddie Pool – Never Worry About Punctures
- Portable kids swimming pool constructed from high-quality PVC material made for long-lasting use.
- With this outdoor backyard pool, it can not only serve as your pet's swimming pool and bathtub but also can be used as a child's bathtub, children's toy bar and kids ball pits.
- The kiddie pool is foldable Just need a few seconds to open and fold easily, ideal for outdoors or traveling for carrying. when the pool is not in use, please dry it in time.
- Dog bath tub easy to use, just need to fill with water and open sealed drain to empty before storage or transportation. And with bottom side drain, easy to drain and refresh the water.
What if you really don’t want an inflatable kiddie pool? Don’t laugh, but we’ve found that the best non-inflatable kiddie pools are marketed both as kids pools and pet pools!
These kiddie/pet pools are collapsable and can stow away easily. If you never want to worry about punctures or leaks, check these out!
Add Shade To Your Kiddie Pool and Keep The Kids Safe From The Sun
- UPF 50+ PROTECTION: You love the beach, but blazing sun and sunburns? Not so much. The Instant Shader is specially designed with a double silver coating that effectively blocks 97.5% of UVA and UVB...
- FAMILY SIZE: Take shade and comfort wherever you go. With a super-spacious interior of 99" W x 53" D x 57" H and 53” front porch, even 4 adults can sit and lay down comfortably inside. Enjoy as long...
- PATENT-PENDING OPENING MACHANISM: End the frustration of putting up and taking down large beach tents. The Instant Shader’s patent-pending opening mechanism allows to set up and disassemble with...
- GREAT AIRFOW: Some outdoor tents can get stuffy and humid on hot days. Not the Instant Shader. Large mesh windows and double guyout points let you enjoy great ventilation and breezes, while staying...
If your kids are really enjoying the kiddie pool setup this summer and you are concerned about sun exposure, then all the sunscreen and basic umbreallas just might not do. You can step up your sun-protection game with this shade tent.
We recommend setting up the pool so that one-half is in the tent. Set up the tent in the right direction so that it protects your little ones from the hot afternoon sun!
Looking for more shade ideas? Read our article on shade ideas for your pool.
Keeping Your Kiddie Pool Clean
We have an entire article dedicated to Keeping A Kiddie Pool Clean, but here is a quick glance at some items that will help you keep the water clean.
Did you know that you can use small amounts of Chlorine to keep your water clear?
Having the best kiddie pool for your kids is a great idea. However, it will only be used if the water stays clean!
Best Kiddie Pool Accessories
Since you’re already decided on getting a new kiddie pool, we recommend getting some of these pool accessories as well to make sure your kids will have the best of time. Some of these products may also help you maintain and clean your pool to prolong its lifespan.
How To Choose The Right Kiddie Pool
When purchasing a swimming pool for your kids or toddlers there are many important things to consider. Generally speaking, the kiddie pool you want to get depends on the age of the kid/s who’ll be using it.
But before you make your kiddie pool purchase, you should answer some of these questions first.
- What is the age range of the kids who’ll use the pool?
- How much use are you planning to get from it?
- Do you plan on upgrading the pool when they grow up?
- What kind of budget are you working with?
However you answer these questions will not only increase your purchase satisfaction, but it will also help you choose the right kiddie pool for your kids.
Frequently Asked Questions About Kiddie Pools
How do you keep your kiddie pool safe?
To ensure that your kids are safe when swimming in your pool, make sure that you get the pool with the right depth for your child’s age.
Of course, adult supervision is still the best way to ensure your kids’ safety for any type of pool.
How can I make a kiddie pool more fun?
How do you keep your kiddie pool clean?
Unlike in-ground pools or large above ground pools, kiddie pools are fairly easy to clean. It takes less time and uses less cleaning products which makes it more affordable to maintain.
We’ve detailed how you can clean your kiddie pool with our “Comprehensive Guide: How To Keep A Kiddie Pool Clean“.
Didn’t Find The Kiddie Pool You Were Looking For? Here Are Some Alternatives
Photo Courtesy of SurferGirl30