Last Updated on June 7, 2021
Summer is coming up and you know what that means – time to enjoy some serious pool time! And one great way to do that is by relaxing in a floating pool chair as you let your daily stress melt away. The best floating pool chairs make it easier to relax and soak up the sun without having to worry about getting into deep water.
And don’t forget to check out our article on the best floating coolers to complete your lazy summer days with a nice cool drink by your side!
Our Top Picks
How To Choose The Best Floating Pool Chair
There are many things to consider when purchasing a floating pool chair. You have to find the right size, shape, and material for your needs. There is also the consideration of how much weight it can hold as well as how heavy it is overall.
- The best floating pool chair should be able to keep your body dry and in a relaxing state.
- It should provide top-notch comfort so they can stay on it comfortably all day long.
- An additional in-built holder to hold the beverages and snacks should be provided so you can enjoy your music, snack on some food, or even drink a beverage as much as want.
- A comfy backrest, footrest, and armrest is the best way to make sure that all your muscles are in tip-top shape for long hours of relaxing in your swimming pool.
Floating Pool Chairs vs Loungers
With the hot summer sun in full swing, it’s important to know what you’re looking for when buying something that will help you relax while you’re floating in your swimming pool. The good news is there’s very little difference between floating pool chairs and loungers.
Both are great ways to lounge around in the water. They’re so much more comfortable than sitting on a hard chair and they make it easy to get out of the sun for a break from time to time.
Floating pool chairs are perfect if you want something to just suspend your lower body above the water surface and keep yourself cool but floating pool loungers can be better suited for those who prefer basking in the sun without having their whole body getting soaked.
8 Best Floating Pool Chairs for 2021
We have carefully selected 8 of the most popular and durable floating pool chairs on the market. All of these products are made from excellent quality materials that will not break down easily in water or when exposed to UV rays.
1. Intex Floating Recliner Inflatable Lounge
- Chair like design for added comfort
- 2 air chambers
- 2 cup holders
- 2 heavy duty handles
Float in a pool chair that feels like your own reclining armchair. This innovative lounger from Intex is crafted with the perfect balance of design and stability, plus it has 2 cup holders for some refreshments on deck.
Unlike other pool floats, the material used in this floating chair is heavy which adds to its life and it can accommodate up to 300 lbs. It’s a breeze to inflate or deflate too.
The 18-gauge vinyl construction keeps this lounge sturdy all day long without any leaks or holes developing. When they do pop up, the included patch will fix them right up so there’s no need to worry, and you can easily apply it yourself.
2. Poolmaster Swimming Pool Floating Chaise Lounge
- For all-day on the water comfort lounging, reading, napping
- Perfect, comfortable position for reading or lounging
- All-weather fabric and non-corrosive polyform flotation arms designed to support up to 275 pounds; measures 39.75 x 23 x 53-inches reclined
- Extra wide arms for ultimate comfort and stability; built-in beverage and snack holder for each arm
Poolmaster’s newest lounge chair is a great way to make your stay in the pool as comfortable and convenient as possible.
With oversized arms that can store all of those necessities you may need for an extended day at the pool like your beverage, phone, or Bluetooth speaker, the Poolmaster Swimming Pool Floating Chaise Lounge can be the best thing you’ll ever get this summer.
This lounge can accommodate adults up to 275-pounds, and its durable fabric and sidearms can last for many pool seasons.
3. Swimline Deluxe Lounge Chair
- Pool lounger is the ultimate in summer relaxation
- Features back support, an inflatable pillow, armrests, cup holders, and leg rests
- Leg rest portion of the lounger has an opening where you can dip your toes in to cool down or put your legs if you want to sit up
- Upper half has plenty of support and props your arms so you can get even sun exposure
This floating chair is the ultimate summer relaxation. It comes with an inflatable pillow, armrests, leg rests, and back support that gives you a soft glide while dipping your half legs in the pool to soak up sun exposure from even more angles than before.
With such comfort available for long hours of soaking up rays without interruption or aches anywhere on your body; it’s no wonder these chairs are quickly becoming so popular among many people of all ages who enjoy spending their free time on outdoor pools.
4. Swimline Floating Lounge Chair
- Nylon fabric covered inflatable lounge chair with head, arm, and foot rests
- The ultimate in comfort
- Complete with drink holder
- Oversized, sumptuously comfortable nylon fabric covered inflatable Lounger
The Swimline Floating Lounge Chair is a comfortable floating chair that you can use in any type of pool. The chair has 6 chambers that need to be inflated before use. It comes with a leg rest, headrest, and armrests so you’re fully supported from every angle.
The durable, quick-drying nylon fabric of this floating pool chair is perfect for making sure your days in the sun are as comfortable and dry as can be. It also has a drink holder so you can enjoy your favorite beverage while you relax.
5. WoW World of Watersports First Class Lounge
- Keep your legs and arms free while relaxing
- Great for the pool, lake or river
- Made from extra thick, soft closed cell foam
- Supports up to 220 lbs
Sporty floaters will love the WoW World of Watersports First Class Lounge. The lounge offers great legroom and you can also keep your seat up while staying dry. When it’s hot out, kick your legs up for some splashing fun!
The high-back lounge chair is the perfect place to get your tan on and stay cool. It has two built-in cup holders for all your essentials.
6. SwimWays Spring Float Recliner XL
- EXTRA LARGE: Great for a day at the lake or pool, the float comfortable holds 1 person. This XL lounge chair is now 20 percent larger than the original and able to support up to 300 pounds.
- EASY TO STORE: The float is easy to fold using spring technology allowing for easy storage and transport.
- INCLUDES: As a bonus, Jet Valve technology allows for easy inflation and deflation. Which means the float is easy to store in your garage or shed when not in use.
- FEATURES: Built in cup holder keeps your drink at hand; Comfortable backrest, armrests, headrest, and ottoman
If you’ve always wanted a lounger that can accommodate your bigger, fuller self while still providing the cushy comfort and stability of traditional water seats, then SwimWays Spring Float Recliner XL is for you. The extra-roomy seat has an extended length to suit all sizes; with a special inner spring sewn into its edge for added buoyancy.
You’ll stay cool in the heat thanks to its mesh seating design which lets air circulate between your body and the fabric coverings so there isn’t any contact sogginess or discomfort from too much moisture buildup. It even comes equipped with headrests and built-in cup holders!
7. Intex Sit N Float Inflatable Lounge
- 60" x 39"
- Unique design for extra fun
- 2 handles for stability
- Colors May Vary
This lounger is designed to deliver an experience of sitting over a chair, rather than floating on the pool. There are two handles, one for each hand, and two cup holders so you can enjoy your drink while relaxing in this comfortable lounge seat with backrests that ensure maximum comfort.
It’s ideal if you’re around 250 lbs since it comfortably accommodates people who weigh more weight without compromising its quality and durability. This floating lounge is very easy to use and can be inflated easily and deflated for storage.
8. Poolmaster Catalina Water Chair Swimming Pool Float
- Set of two coordinating water chairs
- Triangle-shape design features elevated back that provides natural upright sitting comfort
- Open seat fits all body shapes
- Durable, colorful and easy to use
This pool chair set is perfect for two people who want to spend quality time together.
Designed beautifully, the Poolmaster Catalina Chair Swimming Pool Float helps you sit upright while remaining comfortable. It’s also capable of accommodating people up to 200 pounds thanks in part to its triangular shape and universal open seat design.
Final Thoughts About Floating Pool Chairs
There is nothing like a morning dip in the pool on a hot summer day. Floating around in your favorite pool chair, you can feel all that stress melting away and leave behind only that feeling of pure relaxation.
A floating pool chair is definitely a great addition to any backyard or pool area. They are comfortable, easy to store and inexpensive. Floating chairs offer the best of both worlds: they are both relaxing and fun! It’s hard to deny that these chairs make for a perfect summertime accessory.