Last Updated on October 19, 2021
Don’t you just wish you could grab a cold and refreshing drink while lounging in the water?
Well, floating coolers are the answer.
Whether you’re in the pool, lake, while kayaking, fishing, or doing any water activities, these types of coolers are the best summer accessories you can take with you.
- Our Top Picks At A Glance
- What to Look Out for When Choosing the Best Floating Coolers
- 6 Best Floating Coolers for Summer
- WOW World of Watersports Inflatable Floating Cooler – Best Overall
- Icee Floating Inflatable Cooler – Most Affordable
- Airhead Parent Title – The Runner Up
- CreekKooler PuP Floating Cooler – Best for Rivers and Lakes
- Intex Mega Chill II – Most Popular
- CoolerZ Floating Inflatable Cooler – Good for Swimming Pool
- Best Floating Coolers for Summer – Final Thoughts
However, with the many choices available today, it can be difficult to find the perfect floating coolers that match your needs. Plus, not all of them can work well and last long. Some would even cause you to waste money.
To help you avoid the bad products, we did the work and listed down the best floating coolers for summer.
Whether you are looking for a fun item to get the conversation going or a functional piece of equipment to make your summer trips more memorable, any of these floating coolers is certainly a great choice.
Our Top Picks At A Glance
What to Look Out for When Choosing the Best Floating Coolers
To determine which products to include in this list, we have used the following factors. Aside from that, these are also the features you need to look out for when choosing which floating cooler to buy.
Capacity and Size
Are you planning to throw a lot of pool parties this summer and in need of a cooler that can hold as many as it can? Or are you looking for something more personal or for your family?
Of course, the bigger the floating cooler, the more it can hold. But something too big isn’t also practical as it can occupy too much space in your pool and it’s difficult to carry around. Thus, we chose products that are portable and have a large capacity.
Effectiveness in cooling
There is no point in buying a cooler that can’t keep your drinks cold. Usually, the better a product’s quality, the more information it has about its insulation.
A floating cooler should be able to hold your drinks safely without capsizing. To determine a product’s stability, we considered the reviews and the company’s description.
Quality and durability are key to finding floating coolers that can last longer. The type of material and how it was put together are two factors that affect a product’s durability. So look for vinyl or PVC as these materials are higher in quality and more durable.
To determine the best floating coolers, we also considered their design. Do they look good? Are they practical? Moreover, does it have extra features that add functionality? All these make a cooler better and more worth your money.
Now that we’ve identified what to look for in a floating cooler, let’s check out the best floating coolers available today.
6 Best Floating Coolers for Summer
WOW World of Watersports Inflatable Floating Cooler – Best Overall
- EZ zippered lid and four molded beverage cup holders
- Thick sidewalls and double-layered padded bottom keeps contents cold
- Has a grommet to attach it to your floating island
- Tote handles for easy transport
The WOW World of Watersports floating cooler is our top pick due to its effectiveness in keeping your drinks cold. It has thick sidewalls and a double-layered bottom that prevents ice from melting too quickly. On top of that, it has a big capacity and can hold 30 quart or 30 cans of beer or beverage.
Made with heavy-gauge PVC, this cooler is convenient, durable, and well-designed. It has a zipper lid, four cup holders, and tote handles so you can easily carry it around. Moreover, it has a grommet that you can use to attach to your floating island.
Icee Floating Inflatable Cooler – Most Affordable
- 💛 KEEP YOUR DRINKS COLD WHILE IN THE POOL – This officially licensed Icee Pool Floating Cooler is perfect for your next pool party, featuring a special zippered compartment for ice on top and SIX...
- 💛 NOBODY WANTS A HOT COOLER! – Take the inflatable coolers for parties to any party, inflate, fill it with ice and you have a floating bar that is a lot fun to look at. Made of high quality PVC...
- 💛 WILL BE A HUGE HIT FOR ANY PARTY OR POOL - This floating drink holder for pool keeps your drinks cold and upright without having to leave the pool and it will be great for birthday parties, kids...
- 💛 KEEP YOUR DRINKS ICY COLD THIS SUMMER - Drink floaties are a must have for pool season! The premium quality official licensed Icee pool drink holder floats for adults are built to last and to be...
The Icee Floating Inflatable Cooler is not only the cheapest in our list but it is also highly effective. It is made of high-quality and thick PVC material that can keep ice and your drinks cold for hours. It is sturdy and will never tip over even with the splashing and jumping around.
This floating cooler has a decent capacity with a 27 inches diameter and 18 inches height. It can fit around 10 cans inside the cooler and has 6 handy drink holders outside. With this little accessory, you can have all the fun in the pool with your favorite drinks.
Airhead Parent Title – The Runner Up
- You don't have to interrupt the party to restock the cooler with airhead's aqua oasis
- The insulated leak-proof nylon cooler lifts up from the inflatable vinyl base
- It keeps 24 cans ice cold for hours and the 6 drink holders in the floating base are marked with numbers
- The sundry holder is a convenient place to store suntan lotion
While not the most good looking, the Airhead Parent Title is one of the best floating coolers around. With insulated leak-proof nylon that lifts from the inflatable vinyl base, this cooler can effectively keep ice and your beverages cold for a very long time. It is also durable and sturdy as it is made with heavy-gauge K80 PVC with RF welded seams.
Other than its material and cooling capabilities, this product can hold a lot too. It can fit 24 12-oz cans inside and hold 6 drinks outside. To make sure you won’t mix drinks with others, these holders are marked with numbers as well. It even has a sundry holder where you can put your suntan lotion.
For your convenience, this floating cooler has an adjustable strap for easy carrying and a molded plastic rope connector on the side to tie to your lounger, boat, dock, or platform.
CreekKooler PuP Floating Cooler – Best for Rivers and Lakes
- Crafted from the highest quality material
- Perfect for outdoor and even indoor use
- Made in United States
If you’re looking for a floating cooler to bring with you to the river or lake, then the CreekKooler PuP Floating Cooler is your best choice. It is designed to glide smoothly across any surface. Thus, making it the perfect cooler to tie with your kayak, canoe, raft, or SUP. With this, you can quickly reach your drinks or food while in the water.
This cooler has a quick connect water-tight lid and half an inch of insulation that guarantees long-lasting temperature control. The company claims to keep its contents cold for up to 24 hours. On top of that, it provides generous space too. It can hold 15 12-ounce cans together with 10 pounds of ice plus 2 drinks on its deck.
Intex Mega Chill II – Most Popular
- Intex River Run Connect Lounge Inflatable Tube | 58854EP
- Intex River Run I
- Built with durable 18 gauge vinyl
- Mesh bottom keeps you cool and comfortable
Probably the most popular item on our list, the Intex Mega Chill II is a top contender among floating coolers. It is made of vinyl and includes a removable ice chest that can hold up to 72 cans and ice. However, do take note that ice may melt quicker while inside the chest. To avoid this, we recommend putting in your cooler inside the chest.
To easily move this cooler in and out of the water, it has 4 durable grab handles. It even has an Intex tethering system that allows you to hook it up with other Intex floating products. Also, it can accommodate 6 cups on its base and it comes with a repair patch just in case it gets damaged.
CoolerZ Floating Inflatable Cooler – Good for Swimming Pool
- 27.5" Diameter; 18.5" High
- 6 cup holders around the side
- 2 heavy-duty handles for easy carrying
The CoolerZ Floating Inflatable Cooler can hold 12 cans with ice inside and 6 cans outside. It’s also small enough to take in and out of the pool as it measures only 18.5 inches high and 27.5 inches in diameter. Plus, it weighs only about 1.60 lbs without your drinks on it.
Made with high-quality materials, this floating cooler is tough and you don’t have to worry about punctures. Just fill it with your favorite drinks, ice, and lock its lid to keep them all cold for hours.
Best Floating Coolers for Summer – Final Thoughts
Floating coolers are a fun way to enjoy your swimming pool. If you’re looking for the best floating cooler, we highly recommend getting the WOW World of Watersports Inflatable Floating Cooler.
But other floating coolers mentioned here are almost as good themselves. With so many choices to choose from, we hope our list here was able to assist you in selecting the right floating cooler for you.
Did Not Find The Floating Cooler You’re Looking For? Check Some Of These Out.
Phot by yourpoolbuilder