Last Updated on December 22, 2021
Hot tubs were made as an escape against the cold, but what if you’re living in an area where it’s cold most of the time. What are your options then?
Well, not much, but there are still some good ones. For starters, you can get one of these hot tubs we’ve reviewed.
Our Top Picks At A Glance
We were able to find some of the best cold weather hot tubs, but just a quick heads up, they tend to be more expensive than your usual tubs.
Why is that?
Because these hot tubs for cold weather are better equipped to handle even the harshest winters. The products we’ve listed here are all made by trusted hot tub companies like Lifesmart, American Spas, Intex, and Canadian Spa Company.
So how do you select which hot tub is best for you?
How To Choose The Best Cold Weather Hot Tubs
The things that make hot tubs good for cold temperatures are they are efficient, well-designed, and can do a good job keeping the water warm.
When it comes to selecting the right hot tub for you, these are some of the features you should consider.
Unlike those residing in warmer climates, homeowners in colder climates can’t just select any cheap hot tubs available in the market because they need an efficient hot tub with great energy-saving features. A hot tub that has a low wattage pump is a must-have to maintain water temperatures.
Similar to your house, your hot tub also needs good insulation installed to maintain its warmth. Having a hot tub with great insulation can help you save money over time and is one of the important features to look for when shopping for one. You can say that the better insulation your hot tub uses, the more money you can save while you have it with you.
Hot tub covers are often overlooked by most hot tub shoppers since they assume any type of cover should work. Well, that’s something you can get away with when you live in Florida, but for those in colder regions, your hot tub cover is significant to your hot tub’s lifespan because it protects your hot tub against those cold and dry winter days. You must have a cover that fits perfectly into your hot tub and it should have a thick layer of insulation to maintain the temperature well.
Being aware of the things to look for when choosing cold weather hot tubs is vital in having the best of times in your outdoor living space. By simply prioritizing those features above, and you’ll have an easier time buying your ideal hot tub.
Best Hot Tubs For Cold Climates
We were able to identify the best available hot tubs for those living in colder areas, and we’ve chosen the hot tub from the Essential Hot Tubs as the best cold weather hot tubs.
Best Overall: Bueno Spa Chicago 7 Hot Tub
- Bueno Spa Chicago hot tub combines a modern look with conventional values. Features modernistic corner element design with durable, injection moulded consoles to give extra support. It has seven...
- HorizontSide cabinet is made from horizontally laid, thick-lath, wood-effect, UV resistant polymer material unit.
- Superfine filter & Ozone generator - to provide exceptionally high quality crystal clear bathing water.
- Thermal cover to ensure consistent quality and the highest level of thermal insulation effectiveness.
Are you looking for the best hot tub for cold weather today?
Look no further, and check out this Bueno Spa Chicago 7 Hot Tub. This 7-person hot tub is made by one of the most trusted hot tub companies in the world and is the perfect hot tub for those living in colder regions like Minnesota, Chicago, New York, or Canada.
This luxurious hot tub combines the best of both worlds with 7-person seating arrangements that offer massage jets tailored to your individual needs. It also comes with a superfine filter and ozone generator to ensure you get the cleanest water while you’re enjoying your time in this hot tub.
With its durable and injection molded consoles, this tub offers exceptional comfort. It also comes with a heavy-duty thermal cover.
If you have the budget to spend on your hot tub, then you should consider getting this one.
- The hot tub has a good filtration and pump system.
- Made from durable and quality materials.
- It’s equipped with a great heating system for lower running and heating costs.
- High upfront costs.
Essential Hot Tubs 20-Jets 2021 Arbor Hot Tub
- 20 STAINLESS STEEL JETS: Relax with passive therapy or switch to an invigorating massage at the touch of a button.
- SEATS 6: Contour-style seating for 6. There’s plenty of space to choose and get a relaxing massage or a deep therapy massage, with many seats for friends and family.
- PLUG & PLAY: Relax in minutes by plugging into any standard 120V/15A outlet, GFCI cord included.
- ALL-SEASON: 1kW/4kW(120V/240V) true all-season stainless steel Balboa heater for year-round enjoyment. Heavy-duty, insulated tapered cover with locking clips included.
For those who don’t have much extra space in their backyard or patio for a big hot tub, this Essential Hot Tubs 20-Jets 2021 Arbor Hot Tub can be a great choice for you. This circular-shaped spa is ideal for couples and empty nesters looking for a relaxing way to spend their free time in a warm hot tub.
This hot tub is equipped with 20 stainless steel jets and a Balboa heater that makes it fast heating and relaxing.
This Essential hot tub also comes with an insulated cover to help keep the water warm while you’re not using it.
- The tub can be used by 5 to 7 persons.
- Easy to operate.
- It heats up fast and very energy-efficient.
- The company’s customer service needs some improvements.
Bueno Spa Boston 5 Hot Tub
- Bueno Spa Boston hot tub provides enough room for as many as 5 people, and it still fits even small spaces comfortably. This spa is designed with two reclining lounges, using the MySeat feature. In...
- HorizontSide cabinet is made from horizontally laid, thick-lath, wood-effect, UV resistant polymer material unit
- Superfine filter & Ozone generator - to provide exceptionally high quality crystal clear bathing water
- Thermal cover to ensure consistent quality and the highest level of thermal insulation effectiveness
The Bueno Spa Boston 5 Hot Tub can be a great addition to your outdoor space and allows you to relax and enjoy your free time along with your family and friends.
This hot tub is the perfect size for up to five adults and it can be used in tight spaces like an apartment balcony. The two reclining lounge chairs, one with MySeat Lounge System (designed specifically not only to relieve neck and shoulder pain), make this spa an excellent choice even if you live in colder regions.
It has a good enough filtration system to keep the water clean and clear, and an adequate heating system to keep your water warm even when if the temperature outside is cold.
If you want a simple and easy-to-use hot tub that’s not inflatable, then this is the product for you since this is one of the best plug-and-play hot tubs today.
- It provides good value for money.
- Easy to set up and use.
- The hot tub is very energy-efficient.
- It has one of the fewest number of jets among hot tubs today.
Essential Hot Tubs 67-Jets 2021 Syracuse Hot Tub
- 67 JETS: 51 stainless steel two-tone adjustable jets, and 16 stainless steel jets. Relax with passive therapy or switch to an invigorating massage at the touch of a button.
- SEATS 5-6: Ergonomic seating for 5-6 including 2 Captain’s Chairs and a Lounger. Sink into a therapy seat and get an intense leg massage in the Lounger or grab an invigorating massage in the...
- 240 VOLTS: 240V/50A electrical connection required, recommend installing by certified electrician
- ALL-SEASON: 4kW true all-season stainless steel Balboa heater for year-round enjoyment. Heavy-duty, insulated tapered cover with locking clips included.
We have another Essential hot tub on this list of best cold weather hot tubs, the Essential Hot Tubs 67-Jets 2021 Syracuse Hot Tub.
A hot tub with a stylish design and equipped with the latest technology for the best spa experience. This large hot tub can accommodate up to six people that can sit on the 7-foot bench installed inside it.
It also comes with these features:
- 51 stainless steel two-tone jets
- 16 stainless steel jets
- 5-6 seating capacity including 2 Captain’s Chairs and a Lounger
- Bluetooth sound system
- LED Waterfall
- 4kW true all-season stainless steel Balboa heater
- Adjustable LED Flow Controls
You can set this up indoors or outdoors and will surely improve the aesthetics of your place.
- Great value for money.
- It has powerful and relaxing jets.
- Perfect for outdoor use.ergy-efficient.
- The company’s customer service department could do better.
Intex PureSpa Plus
- Pampering yourself is easier than ever with 170 soothing high-powered jets that give you the ultimate spa experience in relaxing water up to 104 F
- Provides relaxation at the touch of a button for up to 6 people with the easy-to-use, tilt-adjustable control panel
- Built-in hard water treatment system makes water gentler on your skin, clothes, and the entire spa system
- Includes insulated cover, heater water system, multi-colored LED light, 2 filter cartridges, 2 headrests, thermal ground cloth, inflation hose
The portable Intex PureSpa Plus Hot Tub provides luxurious relaxation at the touch of a button. It’s the best Intex hot tub available today according to most customers.
If you’re looking for an easy-to-setup hot tub that you can use, then this is a good pick. Intex estimates that you can set this up within 20 minutes, and should be ready for use within an hour or two.
This hot tub can accommodate six people for a stress-free spa experience with its 170 high-powered bubble jets. It also comes with LED lighting, headrests, thermal ground cloth, and an insulated cover.
We highly recommend this product for those who don’t want a hot tub permanently taking up space on their outdoor space.
- Great value for money.
- The hot tub is easy to setup.
- Equipped with 170 bubble jets.
- It takes too long to warm up according to some customers.
Final Thoughts About Cold Weather Hot Tubs
Most hot tubs today are advertised for all types of weather conditions, but knowing what to look for when picking a hot tub for cold weather should help you pick one that is most suitable for your needs. Hopefully, this buying guide of ours has been helpful to you.
In this world, you get what you pay for.Kurt Vonnegut, Cat’s Cradle
As not all hot tubs are created equal. Making sure that you do your due diligence before making this big purchase can help you save money now and in the future.
Frequently Asked Questions About Cold Weather Hot Tubs
What is the best hot tub for cold weather?
In order for a hot tub to work properly in cold weather, it needs materials that are more advanced. The Bueno Spa Chicago 7 Hot Tub is one such hot tub since it’s made from quality polyurethane and acrylic materials. This hot tub was designed to provide entertainment and relaxation in cold weather for a larger group: up to 7 people!
What temperature is too cold for a hot tub?
The water in your hot tub should be at least 78.8°F, which is the minimum needed for safety and pleasure according to the Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC).
How to keep a hot tub from freezing?
If you find yourself without power due to a winter storm or downed electric line, don’t worry! Your hot tub should stay heated for at least one day if it’s well insulated.
If it’s going to take more time to run your hot tub, it will be best to winterize it by draining the water to avoid further damage.
Didn’t Find What You Were Looking For?
Here are some other Best Cold Weather Hot Tubs on Amazon!